True Power

True Power

Friday, October 26, 2007

A rose by any other name...














I do not know the name of most of my many roses because I usually buy them and then name the rose after a favorite person that I know. I think that the pink rose is simplicity and the apricot colored rose is one of the two hybrid tea roses that I own. I love apricot roses. Most of my roses are floribunda roses or grandifloras. I have one bed of roses for my three daughters and my four nieces. One of my nieces' name is Biancca and I have a white rose named after her since Biancca means "white." I will post more pictures of my roses in the spring. I have one grand nephew fathered by the only male offspring in the family. I created an apricot and orange rose bed for them. At the moment it consists of three roses.
I have a special request. I ran across a marvelous purple rose with a beautiful yellow center. I stopped and asked the lady in the house next to where the rose was growing for cuttings twice and I could not get the plant to root. I will try to contact the owner of the plot to see if I can purchase the rose from the empty lot. I think it blooms only once in the spring. It is a single petal flower. Do anyone out there have a clue to the name of this type of rose?
At one time in my life I had 112 roses in my yard. I think I will count them tomorrow to see how many I have now. A severe freeze killed many of the 112 roses in 1998 and I was so hurt by the lost that I never tried to accumulate them again in large numbers.
I just started trying to take pictures and hope to get better in the future. The roses pictured above are those that survived severe heat and drought. Today was cloudy after four days of steady rain. I have so many roses that I have given names, but it just came to my attention that I have never named a rose for myself. I have a new mission; to find a rose that reflects me. I just bought the magnificent "Double Delight" that is all the rage of the south. I found it in a pale pink color also and hope that it is as wonderful as it red counterpart. Hope to hear from some rose lovers and some suggestions for my namesake rose. A rose named Dorothy will still be just as sweet.



3 comments:

oakleyses said...

oakley sunglasses cheap, coach outlet store online, kate spade outlet, air max pas cher, louboutin outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, longchamp handbags, christian louboutin shoes, prada outlet, burberry outlet, ray ban sunglasses, air max, coach factory outlet, tiffany and co, prada handbags, michael kors outlet, tory burch outlet, kate spade handbags, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton handbags, burberry outlet, michael kors outlet, true religion outlet, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton, michael kors outlet, louboutin, chanel handbags, michael kors outlet, louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, longchamp outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, nike shoes, tiffany and co, coach outlet, true religion jeans, true religion jeans, nike free, air max, coach purses, air max, michael kors outlet, gucci outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, jordan shoes

oakleyses said...

abercrombie and fitch, nike roshe run, nike free pas cher, longchamp, mac cosmetics, hogan outlet, nike free, polo ralph lauren, sac burberry, michael kors pas cher, hollister, polo lacoste, nike tn, sac hermes, nike huarache, nike roshe, north face, sac longchamp, new balance pas cher, louis vuitton, vanessa bruno, longchamp, vans shoes, louis vuitton uk, air max, ray ban sunglasses, north face, nike blazer, nike roshe run, air jordan, sac guess, vans pas cher, barbour, oakley pas cher, nike air max, sac louis vuitton, lululemon, mulberry, michael kors, sac louis vuitton, ralph lauren, hollister, hollister, nike trainers, michael kors, ray ban pas cher, air force, converse pas cher, timberland, louboutin

oakleyses said...

lululemon outlet, mont blanc, air max, nfl jerseys, rolex watches, beats by dre, moncler, new balance shoes, bottega veneta, ugg, ugg australia, hollister clothing store, giuseppe zanotti, wedding dresses, iphone 6 cases, canada goose, ugg boots, ghd, reebok outlet, ferragamo shoes, chi flat iron, moncler, north face jackets, soccer shoes, ugg boots, abercrombie and fitch, babyliss pro, baseball bats, valentino shoes, uggs outlet, ugg pas cher, insanity workout, instyler, moncler outlet, canada goose uk, north face outlet, moncler, canada goose, marc jacobs, canada goose, herve leger, asics running shoes, canada goose jackets, birkin bag, canada goose outlet, soccer jerseys, p90x, jimmy choo outlet, mcm handbags, celine handbags

This Could Be Me At Your Next Event

This Could Be Me At Your Next Event
Author And Public Speaker

NEED A SPEAKER FOR YOUR NEXT EVENT?

Do you have an upcoming gardening, church, or women's event planned and need a speaker? Contact me. I can speak on various topics such as:

1. Detangling Ancient Mythology From Christianity
2. The Female Presence In The History Of Christianity
3. Superstitions and Gardening In The 21st Century
4. The Politics Of Prayer: The Bible Speaks
5. African American Geneaology: Pride From The Grave


Contact me at rizerfall@yahoo.com for booking arrangements

Book Reviews

I review for BookSneeze