True Power

True Power

Monday, April 19, 2010

Garden Beginnings April 2010

Today was another beautiful day. It started off a little chilly but warmed up nicely. I turned over a bed of less than rich soil and planted hundreds of marigold seeds. I also planted some more seeds which I cannot recall at this moment but they will be dainty and blue. I started some Salvias in a pot for transplant later. Pulling weeds is a daily chore so is sitting outside in the swing with hubby after a long day of work. Many of the roses have started to bloom. I will add pictures as I take them of my garden. For the moment it is lush and green.

Each year I am invaded by caterpillers. The up side is that later I have a garden filled with beautiful butterflies that the little ones love to chase. My neice says she is afraid of the hairy worms.

I hate when I buy a plant labeled as one thing and turns out to be another. This Clematis is supposed to be pink but is definitly purple.

This is what is left of a evergreen bush once the deer finished. I decided to keep the wooden skeleton and decorate it with butterflies and dragonflies. It's yard art.


Lady Banks Rose intertwined in a Red Crepe Myrtle

Chinese Butterfly Rose up close and full of bumble bees


This is a wide angle view of my Chinese Butterfly Rose which blooms the earliest of all of my roses.

This Could Be Me At Your Next Event

This Could Be Me At Your Next Event
Author And Public Speaker

NEED A SPEAKER FOR YOUR NEXT EVENT?

Do you have an upcoming gardening, church, or women's event planned and need a speaker? Contact me. I can speak on various topics such as:

1. Detangling Ancient Mythology From Christianity
2. The Female Presence In The History Of Christianity
3. Superstitions and Gardening In The 21st Century
4. The Politics Of Prayer: The Bible Speaks
5. African American Geneaology: Pride From The Grave


Contact me at rizerfall@yahoo.com for booking arrangements

Book Reviews

I review for BookSneeze