True Power

True Power

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

COMPLAINERS BEWARE


I have been posting for quite a while now. And I was wondering; do most of my posts contain complaining? I have gone on about one subject or the other, but I would not like to be considered as a person who complains alot.

Blogs and other forms of internet media allow the everyday person to get his thoughts and opinions off of their chest. In a world of anonymity, we can feel free to say whatever we like without reprecussions. I never wanted to be one who would write one thing and then hide from it.

While pondering if I were a complainer; I began to think about the Jews Moses led out of slavery from Egypt. They complained when they were slaves and complained when they were free. Do I have the complaining spirit of those led out of bondage in the Book of Exodus? I don't want to be a complainer. Well the next question must be asked: What kind of blogger do I want to be?

Well I would like to be encouraging, thought provoking, and humorous. With little feedback I hope I have accomplished a little of what I set out to do. I hope I have not just used this platform to grumble and moan about everything that is wrong in the world (my world). I hope I have said something that made someone say: "That was something new and different."

Anyway, I know with all of my complaining there is thankfulness. I am happy for all of you who have stopped by and checked me out. I am happy to soon have two of my manuscripts published. I am happy that I am getting a grip on how to use all of this technology. I am just thankful for you all out there.

Let me share a favorite passage of mine from the Bible that keeps me in balance at times:

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time to war and a time for peace. Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

So if I have been in a time of complaining I will definitely be in a time of cheering. Whatever your complaint is today----BEWARE---- you will also have a time of cheering.

No comments:

This Could Be Me At Your Next Event

This Could Be Me At Your Next Event
Author And Public Speaker

NEED A SPEAKER FOR YOUR NEXT EVENT?

Do you have an upcoming gardening, church, or women's event planned and need a speaker? Contact me. I can speak on various topics such as:

1. Detangling Ancient Mythology From Christianity
2. The Female Presence In The History Of Christianity
3. Superstitions and Gardening In The 21st Century
4. The Politics Of Prayer: The Bible Speaks
5. African American Geneaology: Pride From The Grave


Contact me at rizerfall@yahoo.com for booking arrangements

Book Reviews

I review for BookSneeze