True Power

True Power

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A Busy Gardening Bee

Well the weather is warm and I am hot. O.K., maybe I'm not really hot but I am excited to be back out in my garden again.

For gardeners who have dreads, remember to tie up your hair while working among the plants. I learnedthe hard way while leaning down to pull a clump of weeds next to a rose bush. To say the least I was tangled in the thorns with one dread after the other being caught on the bush. When I would lean in one direction, I would cause another hanging tendral to become snagged. After much huffing and puffing (and leaving some strands of red hair behind) I freed myself from the lovely rose bush. If It had come down to it; I would have cut a dread instead of a rose stem.

Anyway, I have been transplanting some 4 O'Clocks. I read or was told by someone that the plant did not like being moved. Well I did and the new transplants are doing fine.

I went to my local nursery and did not find anything I wanted to purchase. So, I hit my old standby--Wal Mart. I had passed by a nice foliage type plant that today I decided to give a home. I bought Ascot Rainbow Spurge and a wonderful wine colored Spurge. I will try to get as many drought tolerant plants as possible and these are so into the ground they went.

You cannot see it from this photo but the tips of the lime green bloom is a spot of red in the center the diameter of a pencil tip.

A plant I have wanted to try for forever is the Bleeding Heart plant. About 3 years ago I made a Hosta bed in a little space of shade nestled up against my house. This is an ideal place for the shade and moisture loving plant and is a great companion to the Hosta's since the Bleeding Heart plant virtually disappears after blooming. The broadleafs of the Hosta will cover over the empty space left by the Bleeding Heart plant.

So I hope you all are out enjoying nature and enjoying life with the birds and the bees and the flowers and the trees. I also hope the pollen is not causing too much illness.

No comments:

This Could Be Me At Your Next Event

This Could Be Me At Your Next Event
Author And Public Speaker

NEED A SPEAKER FOR YOUR NEXT EVENT?

Do you have an upcoming gardening, church, or women's event planned and need a speaker? Contact me. I can speak on various topics such as:

1. Detangling Ancient Mythology From Christianity
2. The Female Presence In The History Of Christianity
3. Superstitions and Gardening In The 21st Century
4. The Politics Of Prayer: The Bible Speaks
5. African American Geneaology: Pride From The Grave


Contact me at rizerfall@yahoo.com for booking arrangements

Book Reviews

I review for BookSneeze