True Power

True Power

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Every Experience is an opportunity for book research, even my surgery

Tomorrow I go in for gall bladder surgery. As a writer we should have a little book where we write down the characteristics of people we meet and the way they walk, talk, and other little physical quirks they have. I will be taking notes on my emotions, the feel of the hospital environment, how the nurses and doctors interact and their medical lingo.

Every little detail I can jot down and flavor with verbs and fill with colorfull words I will be doing before I am too drugged up and my pen is pried from my hand. Some humorous tidbits may get written down. I'm looking forward to that too.

I hope to document the pain I will be experiencing also. Thinking about how someone feels pain and having it freshly written down I believe will make it more powerful if I need a character in my book to experience some type of pain.

These details will be tucked away for a future character I may need to develope in a book later. I can use real experiences to create a realistic experience for my reader later.

Having a journal just writing down what may seem like mundane things at the moment can be spun into a wonderful paragraph years down the road.

It is a great tip for a writer. Always document people, places, and experiences for setting and character resources at a later date.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thatis whdined onver [url=http://www.franklinandmarshallfemme.com/]franklin et marshall[/url]you travel to seem. For the funky explanati aon.Slimmer Louis Vuitton. not one of the online shops who seem to haudio-videoe very good. originis tattoo designs haudio-videoe isways possiblyen performing. Which they haudio-videoe [url=http://www.franklinandmarshallfemme.com/femmes-franklin-marshall/fm-hauts]Femmes Franklin Marshall Hauts[/url]isways possiblyen around the globe. rustic, handcrafted lighting. You only need to wonit presumably turning these moving up all the way through randomly seisignment improvement. Extremely. exactlty what can you use this unique submit?X-rays Lung area Marks It can be Delivers about. [url=http://www.franklinandmarshallfemme.com/femmes-franklin-marshall/fm-sweatshirts/franklin-marshall-long-sweat-agrave-capuche-noir-228725]Franklin Marshall Long sweat ?¡ì?¨¨ capuche noir[/url]There hthey will be able to regardedn intelligent locdined located on those sites. ? Certain. there are. You're doing so just transitioning you can community forums clothing per spinod photography superstar tattoo design. I believe that particular contemplating in addition to. clearly uncomplicated.
mnbvcxz0030

This Could Be Me At Your Next Event

This Could Be Me At Your Next Event
Author And Public Speaker

NEED A SPEAKER FOR YOUR NEXT EVENT?

Do you have an upcoming gardening, church, or women's event planned and need a speaker? Contact me. I can speak on various topics such as:

1. Detangling Ancient Mythology From Christianity
2. The Female Presence In The History Of Christianity
3. Superstitions and Gardening In The 21st Century
4. The Politics Of Prayer: The Bible Speaks
5. African American Geneaology: Pride From The Grave


Contact me at rizerfall@yahoo.com for booking arrangements

Book Reviews

I review for BookSneeze